Amazing Cheddar Bacon Egg Salad Recipe

Photo by bunsinmyoven

So, seriously, this recipe by Buns in my Oven is freaking amazing.  I initially saw this on facebook because I follow her (click here to follow too).  I pinned it and figured I'd try it out some day, but it was just one of those things that I just couldn't stop salivating over.

I bought some of my favorite bacon from my local meat market, Moody's Meats, and cooked it up to make homemade bacon bits to use in recipes.

.  

Are you noticing just how big this pan is that I'm using?  I freaking love LOVE love LOVE it!!  I got mine on Amazon - it's this one:


When the bacon was cooking up, I naturally thought of the egg salad recipe & decided to whip it up.  I didn't have white vinegar, but I have apple cider vinegar so I used that.  No dried parsley either, but still so so tasty without it.

I get my delicious eggs from Moody's too.  I'm so lucky that they have two locations near me so I can get locally sourced, humanely raised meat.  I'm also lucky that Trader's Point Creamery is really close to me too.  

Anyways, on to the recipe :)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 6 eggs, boiled and peeled
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese

Directions:

  • Mash eggs up with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar & stir well.  Add pepper and salt, stir well.  Add chopped bacon and grated cheddar cheese, stir well.  

my extra thoughts:

If you are living a low carb or keto lifestyle, skip the bread & eat it as is.  You could also roll this in lettuce or even roll it up in turkey.  Really, though, it's so amazing as it is, you don't need anything but a spoon :)

I actually made this with spicy brown mustard & a pinch of red pepper because I like things with a little kick.

nutrition information:

  • I figured this at three servings.  Due to the eggs, mayo and bacon, this is pretty filling.  

Kelly Anderson

Kelly is.....Silly, free-spirited and in love with life. Army Mom. Wife. Jewelry Artisan. Dreamer. Problem Solver. Music Lover. Recipe Hunter. kreatedbykelly.com