Whole30 - Day 6

Ok so I skipped Day 5 so I'll fill you in.........

Super early in the morning on Day 5, I woke up because my knees and ankles were just exploding with pain.  I figured it was from the long walk I went on the evening of Day 4.  I just could not go back to sleep so I got up about 3:30AM and took an ibuprofen. I waited until the pain dulled enough and went back to bed about 4:30AM........then I had to get up at 5:45AM to start my day.  Ugh, definitely not enough sleep.

All that aside, I did end up waking up ravenous when I got up to start my day so I had two slices of bacon and four eggs.  I felt like a super pig, but I figured I'm extra hungry so I should eat more than normal (I normally have three eggs and one slice of bacon).  I have to tell you that I didn't get hungry again until dinner time so I flat out skipped lunch cause I am just not going to eat unless I am hungry.

I didn't take a walk on Day 5 because I didn't want to wake up with knee and ankle pain.  Unfortunately, I ended up waking up several times throughout the night with charlie horses that were so bad I had to get up and walk them off.  I'm super positive that I am missing some mineral or vitamin or something.  I used to take magnesium to help with these cramps (I used to get them all the time even when I was eating a "normal" SAD diet).

Hopefully this isn't TMI, but I've been alternating between being regular and constipation (despite only eating meat, vegetables, some fat & drinking water!!!!), but on Day 5 I had problems with diarrhea.  Ugh!  I just, again, was so shocked about that because I am only consuming whole foods --- SERIOUSLY!!!! I actually haven't eaten any fruits yet so all I have been consuming is meat & veggies, occasionally a handful of nuts (though I haven't had any of those since Day 3), and my only beverage is water.

Ok, on to Day 6 -- that's today.

This is weird, but it bothered me that I was skipping meals so I tried something different today.  THIS morning I only had 2 eggs & 1 slice of bacon at about 6:00AM.  Thankfully, I got hungry about 1:30PM for lunch (I say thankfully because I had leftover chicken vindaloo -- YUMMY!!!).  Then, as luck would have it, I got hungry again about 7:00PM for dinner.  So, yay!!! I was able to eat three meals today.  I dunno, maybe that is me holding on to old habits, but I feel like my day goes better when I eat lunch.  I didn't mind skipping dinner, but skipping lunch just doesn't feel right.  I feel like my energy level is better when I eat lunch.

On both Day 5 and Day 6 I got a headache about 11:00AM.  Ibuprofen took it away.  I have had random moments of fleeting weirdness in my head.  Like it feels like a headache wants to come on, but that's not what it is.  I don't know how to explain it.

I think am starting to feel better overall, though.

So far I haven't had any cravings, but I do find myself longing for certain foods when I see a commercial or junk food on a coworkers desk.  I don't feel out of control about it, though. I mean, my coworker brought in a big bag of individual packages of peanut M&Ms and she offered me one (full well knowing I am trying something different, mind you) and I told her, "No thank you, I know that they are delicious but they just aren't for me right now."  Thankfully she didn't press the issue & also thankfully I just didn't care that I walked away without a sweet treat!

Actually, speaking of that - I am still baffled at myself for not having any fruit when there are so many out there.  I know this will sound silly, but I am afraid I will be disappointed in the fruits.  I am accustomed to adding sweetener to most fruit dishes I eat so I'm afraid I will not find them sweet enough.  Plus, I just haven't felt like having anything sweet so it's all good.

I have daydreamed about pies and cakes and cookies.  I see them when we go out and about & I think, "ohhhh how I think you look so lovely to consume," but then I remember I am "married" to another set of ideas.  The other set of ideas just doesn't include the sugary stuffs & plus I am so happy with the fantastic stuffs I'm eating.

I feel like my energy level has been more consistent, but I do feel fatigued.  My mind feels clearer.  I think I am fatigued because I've had two nights in a row where I didn't get a full nights sleep.  Hopefully, once I get the sleep thing fixed I will feel better.

This is crazy, but I swear my skin looks better. It seems like my wrinkles are less noticeable & my skin is less dry.

I can say that I do totally miss the routine of having a cup of coffee in the morning.  I know that I can have coffee in the Whole30, but I just seriously don't want to drink it black.  So weird to think that I haven't had coffee for 6.5 days!!!!  I mean, for serious!!!

Sorry for all the rambles! I'm sure I could be more interesting and include pictures.  I just keep forgetting to think about things like pictures.  I guess it is cause this new way of living is more time consuming than my old way.  I'll get used to it, but for now I feel pressed for time.

Plus I have a LOT of stress at work.  I'm trying to learn new ways to deal with it. I'll figure it out :)


Kelly Anderson

Kelly is.....Silly, free-spirited and in love with life. Army Mom. Wife. Jewelry Artisan. Dreamer. Problem Solver. Music Lover. Recipe Hunter. kreatedbykelly.com